Gianclaudio Malgieri and Paul de Hert have edited a new Special Issue of the Computer Law and Security Review on Legal and Ethical Challenges of Data Processing in the research field, which is published in open access, with the support of the PANELFIT Project.
In this Special Issue can be found the following contributions:
- Accountability by design in technology research by Ben Wagner;
- Transparency by design in data-informed research: A collection of information design patterns by Arianna Rossi and Gabriele Lenzini;
- Information privacy, impact assessment, and the place of ethics by Charles D. Raab;
- Data protection, scientific research, and the role of information by Rossana Ducato;
- Building up the “Accountable Ulysses” model. The impact of GDPR and national implementations, ethics, and health-data research: Comparative remarks by Denise Amram;
- Vulnerable data subjects by Gianclaudio Malgieri and Jędrzej Niklas;
- The genomic data deficit: On the need to inform research subjects of the informational content of their genomic sequence data in consent for genomic research by Dara Hallinan; and
- the introductory editorial Data protection and research: A vital challenge in the era of COVID-19 pandemic by Gianclaudio Malgieri.